Official members of CFSG.
On the 1st of October 2018, The Animal Welfare (Licensing of Activities) Legislation 2018 came into force, covering a number of animal activities that require a licence, including home boarding and home day care.
New legislation to improve animal welfare and to standardise practices across England had been needed for some time, and was welcomed by the industry as a whole. The details contained within the Department of Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (DEFRA) guidance that sits alongside The Animal Welfare (Licensing of Activities) Legislation 2018 were not, however, what the industry was expecting. With conflicting guidance statements and confusing descriptions of standards within the guidance, a large number of previously licensed home boarders were facing significantly reduced incomes or complete closure. Read more…
And become part of a national association of dog boarders and dog day carers. We are the voice of those businesses and support and nurture them. Read more….
Looking for a dog boarder?
Thinking of going away and need a loving holiday home for your pup? Looking for day care for your pooch? All our members are licensed by their local authority and verified by us. Search our database now!
- Representation by a professional trade association, run by home boarders like you.
- Access to our Primary Authority Partnership ensuring inspection consistency.
- Support and representation on matters pertaining to UK home boarding legislation and guidance via our membership of CFSG
- Legal support and advice
- Business listing on the members directory
- Logo download for use on your website and social media
- Access to a closed Facebook group of like minded professionals
- Access to letter and document templates
- Membership card detailing your unique membership number
- Members discounts
- Automatic sign up to periodic newsletters and members opinion polls
What our members say…
‘Really good support network for day care or home boarders. This is even more important now with all the new regulations that have been brought in and how different local authorities are interpreting the law.’ L.F. Warwick